Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's the Small Things...

The past few days I'm finding that small things that I would usually shake off are getting to me. I suppose it's easier to release those emotions from my balloon (reference my students will get) using the small stuff. Maybe the big stuff is just too big. As Casey said to me yesterday, down time is not my friend right now. I am not overtly thinking about the cancer, but I know it's lurking in there.

I'm very anxious to just DO THIS and have the surgery behind me,  but I am also beyond excited about going to Power to the Peaceful and all that it entails. I know the love of my friends and Casey, plus all that positive Michael Franti love energy will send me off to surgery on the most positive possible note.

I have one yoga class with Jean on Thursday before I go, two hours of yoga before the show Saturday, and an hour and a half of yoga Sunday with Sean Corn teaching and Michael playing acoustic music - how cool is that? The more I practice yoga, the stronger I get in every way: spiritually, physically, emotionally...the mind-body-spirit connection becomes strong. I feel so blessed to have so many opportunities to practice with such amazing teachers!

I am tired and rambling so that's it for today. Evening energy has been a bit of an issue lately.

Namaste, Jill

2 comments:

  1. Qigong helped me immensely in my successful battles with four bouts of supposedly terminal bone lymphoma cancer in the early nineties. I practiced standing post meditation, one of the most powerful forms of qigong--as an adjunct to chemotherapy, which is how it should always be used.

    Qigong kept me strong in many ways: it calmed my mind--taking me out of the fight-or-flight syndrome, which pumps adrenal hormones into the system that could interfere with healing. The deep abdominal breathing pumped my lymphatic system—a vital component of the immune system. In addition, qigong energized and strengthened my body at a time when I couldn't do Western exercise such as weight-lifting or jogging--the chemo was too fatiguing. And it empowered my will and reinforced it every day with regular practice. In other words, I contributed to the healing process, instead of just depending solely on the chemo and the doctors. Clear 14 years and still practicing!

    I learned qigong from Ramel Rones, disciple of Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming of Boston. It's very important to learn qigong from a highly-qualified teacher who has learned from a bona fide master with a lineage originating to China. Beware--many self-proclaimed "masters" teach untested qigong!

    Bob Ellal

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Touch us with the morning sun, when we feel impossible. Touch us with the morning sun, show us what is possible. Touch us in the morning sun when we feel impossible, show us what is possible." Michael

    Have a great time at P to the P. Yeah! Yoga.

    ReplyDelete