Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Birthday Blessings

Despite spending part of my birthday at my oncologist's office, and despite feeling pretty crappy yesterday, it was an amazing birthday. The day began with a dozen gorgeous roses and a heart felt card from my wonderful husband. I can't say enough about how amazing he is and how much he does for me. He is my rock. The cancer journey has deepend our love in unexpected ways. I do not know how I would get through this without him.

This was my first birthday on Facebook, and I really enjoyed all the birthday messages from friends and family. I treasure the connections I find there.

My room is full of flower and balloon bouquets, many of which were placed on our porch while we were at the doctor's office. So many cards, phone calls, emails....I feel so blessed.

I spent my 40th birthday at the funeral of a dear friend. I spent my 50th battling cancer. I plan to be somewhere doing something fabulous on my 60th!! Meanwhile, big love back to everyone who sent it my way yesterday and every day.

"Love is all you need..."   Jill

1 comment:

  1. ...Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be........All you need is love, all you need is love.....

    ReplyDelete