Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Who is this woman?

I woke up this morning, feeling good and ready to have a somewhat normal day. I got up, opened some mail, answered some emails, drank a cup of tea...and threw up. It has been 6 weeks today since surgery and a week tomorrow since chemo. I should not be this nauseous all the time. It is debilitating. I have been in bed now for 6 weeks, and boy is it getting old. Getting up = getting sick.

This is why I have been hibernating. I don't feel much like talking, either on the phone or in person. I only really feel OK when I'm in my bed. I have not been walking because it makes me feel too sick. Although I am off the pain medication, I still have no interest in reading, which is most unlike me.

I don't know who this nauseous, non-reading, non-exercising, TV addict is, and I'm not sure I like her much. I hope she doesn't stick around much longer...

Namaste, Jill

2 comments:

  1. hey thanks for adding me to your face book. I'm proud to know you and I admire your kick-ass attitude on life. You're an amazing teacher and you have soooo much more to share,looking forward to seeing you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill,
    I can totally relate to your nauseous, non-reading, non-exercising-ness. I couldn't do tv either, though, so I was also pretty lonely. Have you tried audio books? Would you like to have someone come read to you? The anti-nausea meds made me very loopy and it was difficult to focus. On top of chemo head, I felt better in bed too. I'm very impressed with your blogging! Great job ~ thanks for giving us a glimmer. Keep up the great work! Each day that goes by is another one behind you on this journey, bringing you closer to the end of it and on to creating your new normal.

    ReplyDelete