Thursday, November 11, 2010

Big Love

Like anything else in life that is hard, cancer also has its gifts. A big one for me has been the connections it has brought and the amount of love people have shown me. People who don't even know me have reached out by donating sick leave, sending me emails, posting on my Facebook wall, responding to my blog posts - once a woman approached me in the grocery store to express her support. It was when I was bald last time, so it was obvious what I was dealing with. Almost every day there is at least one card, if not multiple cards, in the mail from people expressing love and support. Current and former students send me Facebook messages and posts telling me they love and miss me. So many people have offered to cook for us, to grocery shop, to stay with me so Casey can go for a mountain bike ride...these are the things that help me to stay strong. Sydney comes every weekend she can to do our laundry, grocery shop, and spend time with me. Susan comes almost every Friday to help and hang out with me. The other day our cupboards were bare and Peter showed up with flowers and delicious casserole. The day I finished that Mary came over with homemade muffins and soup. Kelli will make me anything I ask for, and she is a fabulous cook. Johnna offers her own cooking and that of the students in her hospitality classes at the junior high. I ask for novels and I get two from Mary and two from Debbie the next day. Cathy and Jean both offer private yoga in my home whenever I feel up to it. I feel truly loved and blessed to know that so many people care about Casey and me. Casey is so loving and supportive, even though this is just as hard on him as it is on me. Most people live their entire lives without knowing how loved they are. Although this is the hardest thing I have ever faced, and it sucks to go through it twice, the love and support from so many people warm my heart and give me strength. A big, heart felt thank you from me to everyone out there who cares about me and is cheering me on. With your help, I will be healthy and cancer free before too long.

3 comments:

  1. You WILL be healthy and cancer free SOON! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill. This is Jen's Book List.
    http://webpages.charter.net/glenesk/BooksJensReads.html

    I really need to get Casey out on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You don't know how easy it is to love you!" John Perry Barlow

    ReplyDelete