Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gaining Strength

I haven't written in awhile because I didn't really have anything to say. My life, for now, has shrunk down to dealing with the side effects of the treatment. I rarely leave the house except to go to the doctor. Yesterday I felt pretty good, so I dealt with some laundry and went for a walk with Casey. It was my first walk outside the yard since the surgery. We walked once around the block and I had to come home and get in bed right away to recover. I was nauseous, my ears hurt for some reason, and my heart was pounding. I know I need to push myself, but the only place I feel good these days is in my big, wonderful bed.

The new TV is helping a lot. This morning I finished the last chapter of the first season of Heroes, streamed directly to my TV from Netflix. I watched all 23 episodes in 3 days. It was compelling and entertaining. I have put the next 3 seasons in my "Instant Queue." Thanks goodness for technology, or I would be going out of my mind with boredom. It's nice to watch something new, although I am still addicted to Charmed!

I go in for chemo tomorrow, and then I get next week off. I plan on going around the block every day, so that I can rebuild my strength. Right now a few minutes doing dishes or laundry send me back to bed. The surgery was big, cancer is big - but my will is bigger. I will prevail!

No comments:

Post a Comment