Monday, November 15, 2010

Feeling Better

I feel better today then I have since this whole thing started, I think. I have come to really appreciate my week off, when the nausea lessens and I feel more like myself. Even on days like these, things that used to be small have become large - like laundry. Today I put away laundry that Maria, our wonderful housekeeper, did last time she was here. Then I did two loads of sheets and towels. Walking back and forth from the bedroom to the laundry room a few times makes me tired and I have to sit down and rest. My goal was to do all of the laundry today, but after just that much I realize I've done enough for today and the clothes will have to wait until tomorrow. It's hard being so fragile and easily tired. Just three months ago I was so strong. The surgery robbed me of my strength and my energy. I am slowly getting it back, by taking baby steps. Two loads of laundry today, two more tomorrow. In a little while Casey, the dogs and I will take our little walk around the block, and after that I will have to rest.

I read Dan Brown's latest, The Lost Symbol, over the weekend. I loved it. One of the best books I've read in awhile. It's so good to be off the pain meds and able to read. I don't understand how anyone can do pain medication for recreation or get addicted to them. I hate the way they make me feel and how they affect me. So happy to have that part of this journey behind me!

Namaste, Jill

1 comment:

  1. baby steps and then one day....our memory allows us to almost "forget" what the days "in the trenches" were really like. I pray for that for you. xxxxooooo

    ReplyDelete