Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blessings

I think the best thing about the Thanksgiving holiday is that people tend to take the time to think about what they're grateful for. Counting your blessings instead of dwelling on your problems is always a good idea. I did not write a blog the first time I battled cancer, despite my good intentions, but I did sporadically write in my journal. Many days my entries are nothing more than a list of what I was grateful for. It's one way of staying strong, and it's much more productive than railing at fate. Sure, it sucks that I have cancer, but being angry about it would help nothing. Instead, I feel grateful for my excellent health benefits, for teachers who are willing to donate sick leave time so I continue to get paid, for my husband who is a wonderful caregiver, for my vast network of friends who pitch in and help, for all of the people and prayer groups who are praying for me, for all the yogis putting me in their intention, for everyone sending out love and positive energy on my behalf, for everyone who has sent a card, email or facebook message, for everyone who has brought or sent books, flowers and meals, for my yoga teachers...you get the idea. I even count the cancer among my blessings because it has brought so many positive things into my life. I expect it to go now and leave me in peace forever, but I don't entirely regret the experience. So this is me, sending a great big thank you out into the universe for all of my blessings.

Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment