Friday, June 17, 2011

Feeling Better and a Decision

Thanks to everyone for all of the words of love and encouragement yesterday. You have no idea how much it helps me. After much soul searching and discussion with Casey, I have decided to stop the radiation treatment. I accomplished 15 treatments, and it's enough. I feel like it's counterproductive to do this much damage to my immune system, let alone the damage the radiation is doing otherwise. I haven't had a treatment for a week, and today I feel as bad as ever. It took two full weeks before I felt OK when I took a break from this, so I have about a week to go. I feel I need to spend the summer building up my immune system, juicing, practicing yoga and just generally taking care of myself. This decision has eased my mind and my spirit.

I booked a private with Jean for Monday, and I plan to drag myself to Cathy's Tuesday class at her studio no matter how I feel. This is the path to wellness, I'm sure.

It's rare to do radiation for my type of cancer, because it targets the entire abdomen and it's so harsh. Plenty of women have survived using other therapies. The next thing is to start taking an estrogen inhibitor. I hope I don't grow a mustache...

I'm going to watch Charmed this morning (it just ran its course and started over. I'm such a geek) and then take some Ativan and sleep the day away. Ativan is for nausea but it's also a sedative. Yay for sedatives that work. Hopefully after a day and a night of sleep I'll feel better tomorrow.

This beautiful African princess belongs to my sister. She's wearing the flowers the teachers gave me at the benefit. I dried them and they turned out beautiful:


Namaste,
Jill

1 comment: