Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Steps, again...

Casey gave me a pep talk this morning. Sometimes I need one. The gist of it is that I need to take on smaller goals. When I do manage to get up, I overdo it and then I suffer a decline. Today is Tuesday. Tuesday is Cathy's noon yoga class at Yogaflirt. I look forward to it, and every weekend I promise myself that I will be there. Lise will probably be there, I told Elaine about it and she was excited...I want to go.

However...this morning Casey asked me to get up and spend ten minutes with him while he had coffee. I even agreed to a cup of milky coffee and some toast. I started out sitting at the kitchen table, staring sightlessly at my computer. Next my head drooped to the table top. Casey suggested I return to bed, but instead I got down on the floor, using Bella as my pillow. (Remember, I Spent a great deal of time on the kitchen floor on Dolbeer St!) Anyway, I was up long enough to take two sips of milky coffee and I was back in bed before the toast popped. My heart was pounding and I had to just lie quietly until I started to feel better.

Here's the thing: I feel pretty good when I'm in bed. So good that I'm often bored. If I get up, a walk to the kitchen feels like I ran full speed around the block. My energy is so low that I don't really feel like talking. Or moving.

Anyway, that's where I am at this moment. No yoga for weeks. Jean is unavailable right now. Cathy, I had the best of intentions but I just can't make it to class today, and if I did I doubt I could do much. I'm pretty weak and wobbly. Come see me when you have time, OK? Love you. Jean and/or Rachel, If you're reading we miss you terribly. Sending big love.

Mike Lang, retired art teach from AJHS. I love this photo - it captures the spirit of the event and of Mike, AKA "Langer:"

I


Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment