Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy June, Everyone!

One of the purposes of writing is to vent, and it's cathartic. This radiation is tough, but not as tough as another surgery. I would do anything to avoid that, so I am going to focus on that. This all started two weeks into the school year, and now there are 8 days of school left and I'm nowhere near finished with treatment. I just keep reminding myself that, if it's this hard on me, it has to be harder on the cancer.

I need to get myself out of bed and practice my yoga to keep my strength up, as hard as it is. It's important to my fight. Sometimes it's probably not the best thing that I have the world's most comfortable bed! You'd think I'd be sick of being in it, but every morning I don't want to get up. I've been operating on one set of sheets since the second pair wore out months ago, and I recently bought new ones. Now that it's so easy to change them, I think I'll do it twice a week. Fresh sheets are so lovely!

I didn't have a treatment yesterday because I couldn't do my blood work Monday - outpatient surgery was closed for the holiday. We went in to do the blood work - port behaved itself - and we actually had lunch at The Guest House Grill. Huge for me. Probably not wise with my low blood counts, but sometimes you just have to get out. This is what passes for a date for us, these days.

We have a big weekend coming up. The 30 years later Rock n' Roll reunion. Unfortunately I won't be well enough to attend, but some of the friends will be staying with us. Danny, Troy, Chris and Jack. Yes, Jack - my ex-husband. He and Casey have never met, and they have a lot in common. Same profession, both musicians! At least I will be able to be a part of the reunion in a small way.

Local friends, my Casey and Casey McDonald will be playing music together at Sylvester's Saturday from noon until two. Go on out and have a burger and appreciate these two talented musicians! They have veggie burgers, too - and great fries.

It's June. Hopefully by July 1 all of this will be behind me and I will be on the mend.

Namaste,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment