Thursday, May 5, 2011

Movies and Radiation

When you have cancer, everyone in your life reaches out to you, if you let them. People who don't even know me have reached out to me. Most people, unfortunately, have someone close to them who has battled cancer, or they have battled it themselves. There is way too much cancer. I was asked about my dog Bella quite a few times last Saturday night. We assume the doctor got all of the cancer, and that she is going to be fine. I still can't believe my black, very hairy dog got skin cancer.

I heard from the radiation oncologist today and I will be starting radiation treatment Monday the 9th at 3:15. I thought about waiting to see what my CA125 is, but I decided I should have the treatment regardless. It will be worth it if it works and I never have to have surgery or chemo again. I'd rather do it now than wait and start it later if the CA125 continues to rise. The most important thing to me right now, other than kicking cancer's butt for good, is going back to work in August. The next time I don't work for a school year I want it to be because I'm retiring!

Casey's mom is still here visiting and we just took her to our brand new movie theater to see Water for Elephants. Loved it! They should make more movies out of good novels, in my opinion. We saw a preview for a remake of
Conan the Barbarian...I'm sorry but, it's been done already! There's so much good literature out there, I see no need to keep remaking the same movies. I'm happy about a new version of Jane Eyre that's coming out, though, so I guess it depends on the movie! Or maybe it's OK with me if they keep remaking movies based on classic literature. Anyway, our new movie theater is beautiful and we're so happy to have movies in our town again!

I am gearing up for what feels like Battle Number Three. Fortunately I have yoga and lots of love to keep me strong.

Namaste,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment