Thursday, May 12, 2011

Radiation Sucks

My doctors and the women on the Ovarian Cancer Alliance all told me that radiation is not as bad as chemo. In my case, they were wrong. I started feeling sick on the way home from my first treatment and have felt nauseous since. I have already, after 3 treatments, puked more than I did the entire time I was doing chemo. To manage it, I'll have to stay on the anti-nausea meds 24/7 until this is over. They make me sleep. Except for going to treatment yesterday, I slept around the clock. I'm back in the tunnel again and it isn't fun. I forced myself to get up and eat some breakfast, but it was tough. Food is pretty revolting to me right now. They tell me it will get worse and time and treatments go on. I see too much weight loss in my future.

I will probably not be writing every day through this. This is hard, after the relatively easy chemo with breaks where I felt good. As a matter of fact, I'm going back to bed now because my breakfast made me nauseous.

Radiation. Ugh.

Namaste,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there with u so we could pass the time with Dr Who and hot tea. You are in my thoughts everyday. Stay strong my sister from another mother. I am sending you all my strength and love for support. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete