Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rambling Thoughts

Here's me doing Bakasana, or crow pose:


Recently I rediscovered Bakasana and am gradually holding it longer each time. My cousin Becca did it on her first try! It's harder than it looks. Did you see Conan trying to do it? His guest had ripped arms and she said all she does is yoga. The uninitiated tend to think yoga is gentle, non-cardio, and probably easy. It's much harder than anything I ever did in a gym, it makes you sweat, it gets your heart rate up, it feels fantastic, and it gives you an awesome body - yoga butts are the best!! Add to that the mental and spiritual benefits and it's magical. So grateful for Michael Franti and his yoga at Power to the Peaceful, because that's where it all started.

Michael is going to tour with Casey's hero - Carlos Santana. Hoping they add another CA show - only one so far is Chula Vista.

Can you tell I'm feeling better? Either my body is adjusting to the radiation or I finally got enough Zofran into me. I still feel nauseous, but yesterday I was able to get out of bed and do the laundry. I have today off to recover because my doctor was concerned that I wasn't handling it well. I'm grateful, but I will probably do five days next week. Skipping days adds more time to the end. Ugh.

I keep finding TV shows that I like in Netflix that are canceled after a season, or in one case after only 7 episodes. I finished the first season of Flashforward last night. It ended on a cliffhanger, or course, and then I discover it was canceled. I had to put the book it was based on onto my Kindle. I think there are so many channels, and so many shows, that people don't know about them. Personally, I think it was better when there were just a few channels and people had one TV. TV was family time, everyone watched together, and everyone watched the same shows. There's a lot of crap on. Most of my students have a TV in their room and I think that's bad! We have HBO and we rarely watch it. They run the same movies over and over and they tend to be movies we didn't want to see in the first place. My sister-in-law, Tracy, introduced me to Doctor Who. I can't believe I never knew about it before! If you like Sci Fi, it's great. It's apparently the longest running show on BBC. It's campy and I love it! I DVR'd it for Tracy and now it's taking over our DVR - it's on constantly. How did I miss this?

Time to go do a yoga session with Jean and Rachel. I will feel even better about 9:30. Yoga, yoga, yoga!!

Namaste,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment