Friday, May 6, 2011

Writer's Block and detoxing

I seem to be suffering from writer's block. All of the company associated with the benefit altered my schedule. I usually write first thing, as I'm having my milky coffee. Cancer thrives in an acidic environment, so I buy low acid coffee from Trader Joe's and lace it liberally with rice milk. One large cappuccino cup full a day and then I switch to the cancer healing benefits of green tea or green juice. I find if I don't write at the usual time I tend not to write at all. I need to write for my sanity, so I am making it a priority. Now the problem is thinking of something to say!

You would be surprised, if you aren't a juicer, how many greens and/or veggies it takes to make a glass of juice. I mix it with water because otherwise it's too strong and it makes me nauseous. It also really detoxes, especially beet juice, so if you drink it on an empty stomach and it pulls all the toxins out it will make you sick. There are many people who have kept their cancer at bay with a plant based, organic diet and juicing.

Obviously I want to do everything I can to make sure this is my last recurrence. The two fund raisers and all of the support help me to keep this a priority. Cathy and the yoga flirt girls worked very hard on the Kicking Cancer Carnival. Chris, Sue, Lori, Johnna, Debbie, Carol...and all of the other teachers (forgive me for not naming you all. You know who you are and so do I!) also worked very hard on the benefit last weekend. I must honor their hard work and their support by doing everything in my power to get well and to stay well. It's not always easy. When we go to restaurants, there is often nothing on the menu that is vegan, especially at breakfast. If there is a vegan or vegetarian option, it's probably not going to be organic. This would be much easier if we lived in Arcata, or probably anywhere San Francisco or north of there. I will eat dairy occasionally, and meat if I'm at someone's home and they serve it to me, but it's not my preference. It's also challenging to stay away from processed sugar because it's everywhere and in everything. We don't eat processed food, so I'm doing better with this. The food from the Wellness Kitchen and our baskets of organic fruits and veggies from Nature's Harvest helps a great deal.

So, when I can't think of anything to write, if I just get going something happens! This is exactly what I tell my students - don't fear the blank page, just jump in and get started! You can always go back and fix it later.

Hope everyone is having a lovely, warm spring day. I'm off the dry brush my skin and soak in a lovely detoxing bath with baking soda and Moroccan Rose Oil by REN, a British company that makes toxin free beauty products. It makes the bath water soft and fragrant and my skin soft!

Check out these photos from last Saturday night, taken by Christine Sedley, another talented local photographer: (Sorry - you have to cut and paste. Or go to my Facebook page to see the photos!)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1680918344894&set=a.1089284434416.2014506.1295622854&type=1#!/media/set/?set=a.1642790962432.235227.1616600776

Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment