Monday, May 23, 2011

Z is for Sleeping and for Zapping

Cathy is so wise, and I'm so lucky to have her in my life. I told her I was staying awake during the days for fear it would make the nights even worse. She explained that when I do that, my body produces adrenaline and then at night I can't sleep because of it. She advised me to sleep whenever my body wants to and then sleep will come easier at night. She's right! I slept the weekend away. Yesterday I was up long enough to have something to eat and write my blog, then I went back to sleep. I slept until 3:00 in the afternoon and went back to sleep at 9:30 and slept until 7:00 this morning. My nausea went from a 9 (scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst) down to a 3. It will escalate when I go back for treatment this afternoon, but for now I am up, drinking my milky coffee and doing laundry. Thanks for your wisdom, yoga angel. You rock!

I haven't had a treatment since Friday, so Monday is my best day. I'm excited that next weekend is Memorial Day, so I will have three days to recover and I'll feel good on Tuesday! A lot of old friends are coming to town next weekend, and it would be nice if my nausea wasn't at a 9 while they're here. I know I'm going to have to miss all of the bands playing at Sweet Springs (Rockin' Down Memory Lane), but hopefully I'll feel up to dinner with everyone Saturday night. If you are part of the Rock n' Roll group of friends from the '80's and you're reading this, dinner at my house on June 4. I won't be the one cooking, I'll be the one huddled in a chair trying to control my nausea.

I continue to be grateful for my yoga teachers, my village, my wonderful husband, my king sized bed and my Google TV. These people and things are getting me through this. The middle of this week will mark the half way point for this treatment. The end of this treatment will mark the end of my cancer treatment, forever. I do not intend to go through this again. Every time I have a radiation treatment, I visualize beams zapping the cancer into oblivion and creating fireworks that go out int the universe and harmlessly disintegrate into nothingness. Radiation is so harsh that I don't see how the cancer could survive.

Namaste,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment