Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Dreams

I had a very sleepy Christmas this year. The steroids hyped me up more than usual, and the crash was harder. I slept all day Christmas Eve. I got up on Christmas long enough to open presents and take a very short walk around the block with Casey and the dogs before I was asleep all day again. It was kind of nice, actually - much better than being awake and nauseous!!

I dreamed quite a bit, and many of my dreams took place on Dolbeer st, the house where I grew up in Eureka. I really miss that house. It was originally owned by Lloyd Bridges Sr, as in Jeff and Beau's grandfather. It's a very unique, beautiful house surrounded by redwood trees and rhododendrons. In my dreams I got to see my dad, my mom, and my cat Duder, and my dogs Molly Jones and Margy. When I dream of those who have died I feel like they came to visit me. When I think of Christmas, I think of Dolbeer st house. As a child I loved to crawl under the tree at night and curl up behind it. I loved looking at the lights and the ornaments. Our parents made Christmas special, and it has really never been the same since my parents sold the house and moved away from Eureka.

Casey and I are going to spend a week in a rental house on the Smith river in Del Norte County in August. Before we go to the house on August 6th, Casey and I will be in Eureka for a few days. I'm so excited to show him how beautiful Northern California is. It has been much too long since I've been up there. I can't wait to walk in the redwoods and swim in the river!!

I guess Christmas made me nostalgic and homesick. It's our first Christmas without mom. I'm glad she's with dad and I feel them both near me, but Christmas is just not the same without your family.

Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment