Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Epic Bliss

Last week I wrote a check to our housekeeper and dated it 2008. This morning I thought the news was wrong about John being killed 30 years ago, because I thought it was 2008. This after watching the CNN special about his death with Sydney last weekend. Chemo brain? I don't know. 2008 was the year of my first cancer battle. Maybe my brain hasn't fully grasped that it's happening again and it is stuck in the past. Hmmmm...

This morning was about one of the gifts cancer gives me. I spent two hours with Jean, my amazing yoga teacher. The first hour was Thai massage. I get to be a passive noodle and Jean does all the work for me. Since he stretches my body beyond where I would go, afterward I feel like I've really worked out. It is better than any massage I've ever had. It works out the kinks everywhere, it aligns my spine and the rest of me, it involves pressure points, getting into my joints...it is thoroughly good for me, body and soul. Next I did standing poses and some really cool poses using the wall - my new favorite way to do half moon!! Savasana was a guided meditation and deeply relaxing. If I didn't have cancer, I would be practicing with Jean at the studio and would not have the experience of these wonderful private classes. Between Jean and Cathy my body is regaining its strength and flexibility and my spirit is soaring. As I've said before, my yoga journey is very related to my cancer journey. So, cancer, thanks for all of this yummy yoga!! Now get the hell out of my body and stay out!!

Namaste,

Jill

1 comment:

  1. Yoga - great medicine.

    Thai massage! I think it is what Dara Torres practiced 3x week for the year prior to her silver medal swim in the Olympics at the age of 40+!

    I was so happy to here that you were out and about and that you were able to meet with Jean.

    ReplyDelete