Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gifts

Thursday was a day of mechanical failures. I had to go into the diagnostic center to sign some paperwork for the CT/PET scan scheduled for Friday. On the way, Casey and I went out to breakfast. Stella Blue has had this intermittent problem where she starts and then promptly dies. When we would take her in to see our mechanic, she would start just fine. Every time we leave the house, it's something to do with my cancer treatment, and every time I wonder if this is the time she'll leave us stranded. Like the good girl she is, she decided to do it on a non-critical day when we were close to home. We had a tow truck drive up within minutes of calling our mechanic, and the tow was only $45. Our mechanic is close to our home so it wasn't even too much of a time suck, as Casey would call it. When we got home, Casey had to deal with his jeep (which, sadly, doesn't have a name) because his alarm had been going off. That dealt with, we resumed our journey to Templeton. We got on the freeway and the jeep started to shimmy and and lose power. Casey had to keep a foot on the gas at every light. We made it there and back, but it was stressful! An hour or two after we got home I got a call from the diagnostic center. The scanner was malfunctioning and they had to reschedule for Monday. There is a form that must be signed if the scan is canceled, so she asked me to come back in Friday. Fortunately Stella was fixed by 2:00 Friday so we didn't have to take the jeep again!

So, Stella's refusing to start ended up being a good thing. It forced us to deal with it, and now she's fine. The problem was relatively simple and not too expensive. Another gift that came out of a less than wonderful situation.

My CT/PE scan will be Monday at 10:45. Think of me and send out a message for me - clear scan, no cancer, cancer gone forever. I see my doctor Wednesday before chemo and round four begins. Once again, I am grateful for my week off. It's so nice to feel good for a few days, to be able to cook a meal, do some housework etc. Just being out of bed is nice. The break helps me to get strong. Yoga is really helping me - two sessions with Jean last week and one scheduled with Cathy for Tuesday. This is all preparing me for the more difficult chemo to come when I finish three more rounds. I will be nauseous on Christmas but my next week off is the week of New Year's Eve, and our first wedding anniversary. It has been one hell of a year!

Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment