Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baking and Taking it Easy

Yesterday morning I made muffins with blackberries, blueberries and raspberries in them. I used all organic ingredients and sweetened them with stevia. Stevia is a plant, so it's not an artificial sweetener but it has no calories. The muffins were delicious. I think we all - Danny, Casey and I - had 5 each. Yesterday afternoon I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I used blue agave syrup instead of sugar. The cookies were yummy but in the future I'll stick to stevia for baking. It's cheaper and calorie free. I like the agave syrup in my coffee with my rice milk, though. It got me off my shot of coffee mate, which was not a good habit. I'm grateful for healthy alternatives to processed sugar. My Kitchen Aide mixer, a wedding present from the Librizzi family, makes baking easier and it makes everything taste better. It also makes really good bread, and I have been thinking about baking bread for two days. I'm working up to it!

Yesterday I had a phone conversation with Jack Hayward, my ex-husband. We had not talked in quite awhile, and it was really good to hear his voice. We parted as friends and still care about each other a great deal. It was a nice gift. Apologies to the woman who has my old land line number - she gets lots of calls for me, apparently, and she is not amused by it!! I'm always tempted to call her and ask if I have any messages but I don't quite have the nerve!!

Danny is off golfing with Rick and some other buddies and Casey just left to go climb a mountain on his bike. The sun is out and the world is sparkling. Casey and I took the dogs for a walk a little while ago, so I am going to give myself permission to read my book and take it easy for the rest of the day.

Danny and I this morning:


Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment