Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Yoga Angel

I wasn't sure I had anything to write about this morning, but then I read my Yogaflirt newsletter. Cathy is, indeed, my yoga angel. A lot of the newsletter is devoted to the upcoming Yogaflirt fund raiser on my behalf. Cathy and the other flirts started planning this before I knew that my pay was going to be affected. She said they decided they wanted to do this for me, and that if we didn't need the money we could use it to take a vacation after my treatment is over. Cathy has done so much for me, and continues to do so much for me, it's difficult to even fathom. The day I walked into her yoga studio was the luckiest day of my life. In my arsenal of weapons to fight cancer, Cathy is one of the strongest. If you are interested in donating something to the auction that is part of the fund raiser, you can contact her at info@yogaflirt.com. If you are a woman who lives in SLO county, I encourage you to give Yogaflirt a try. Not only is it fun, it is a growth experience and a very bonding experience being a part of the Yogaflirt community. I can't wait to be well enough and strong enough to resume my Yogaflirt journey!!

Today is the first day I have felt good since last Wednesday's chemo. Usually I'm OK by Monday and I have two and a half days of being up and feeling well. Yesterday I was too nauseous to go to Cathy's yoga class, and I struggled not to throw up again while I had my blood drawn. I spent the day in bed. My body feels toxic and maxed out on this IV chemo. I am so grateful that today's treatment is the end of this type. I have an appointment with my oncologist on Valentine's Day to discuss the next step. I'll have another CA125 blood test to see how successful these six rounds were before I see him. It looks like I will have two weeks off before whatever comes next, and that is an exciting prospect! I'll have two weeks to do lots of yoga, eat very healthy food, meditate, and get myself geared up for the next phase.

We picked up food from The Wellness Kitchen yesterday, but I have only sampled the broth so far. Julie and Jody came by with their yummy enchiladas and I had to have some. The last time we had them I was too sick to eat them and Casey ate the entire pan in two sittings! They are delicious beyond description. Julie also brought me some books from our mutual friend Natalie. I love getting books! I like for my waiting to be read shelf to be well stocked. I finished the Julia Child book yesterday and I loved it. What a woman! What a life!

So, after today's treatment I will probably be in my bed until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I will get up and feel like a normal, healthy person for awhile. I wish I could go back to work, but of course I can't. I miss my kids, my colleagues, my classroom, my routine...I miss my life and I'll be so happy to get back to it one day.

Namaste,
Jill

Today's photo: My yoga angel and her handsome husband!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I found your blog. Thank you Cathy for posting! Best wishes for your upcoming week. Love, Clare Kennedy <3

    ReplyDelete