Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Gratitude

It was wonderful, having David and Cate here this weekend. We got to enjoy lots of sunshine, and Cate gets to practice driving home in the rain. Saturday we had lunch at Taco Temple in Morro Bay and then went to Cayucos to walk on the beach. Ben chased sticks, swam in the ocean, and sniffed a greeting to every dog he passed. Bella wondered why she was the only dog on the beach who had to wear her leash, and trembled in fear if the water got too close. We ran into a couple who had a pure bred great pyrenees and one who is GP mixed with shepherd. They were off leash, playing very nicely and being very obedient. Hmmmm.. It was gorgeous and warm and we all had fun, even poor leashed Bella. So tempting to set her free and let her run like she is meant to...but too risky. Later we watched part of The Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind. I made it through three hours of GWTW, but David and Cate watched the entire movie. More movies on Sunday, and we sat outside and enjoyed the sun for awhile David brought his chain saw and cut up the big branch that's been down in our back yard for awhile. Cate gave me a pedicure, so now I have blue toes again!! I love them, so much...it was a great weekend. Thanks for the yummy beans, Chrissy!

This morning I had my PET/CT scan. It's such a pleasant scan. The valium makes me mellow and sleepy, and the scan table is comfy and cozy. It's like one long, relaxing savasana, and I must sleep in there because it's over before I know it. Before the scan I have to sit and wait for the isotope to go through my system, so I am in a darkened room in a recliner for about 45 minutes. I got smart this time and had my earphones so I listened to Franti and the time went quickly. I listened to Michael and repeated my mantra in my head: "I am cancer free and it is gone forever."

I am not allowed to eat before the scan, so Casey took me to Colby Jack's for breakfast afterward. Katie Scroggins was pulling into the lot right behind us, so she had breakfast with me, too. What a special Valentine's Day treat! I got to see my wonderful, amazing niece in the morning and all weekend, then I got to see my wonderful AVID girl, Katie. I love them both dearly and it made my day to spend time with both of them. I'm so proud of them both! I may not have a daughter of my own, but I feel like Cate and Katie are at least partially mine.

I woke up to roses on my kitchen table and a beautiful love poem written in the card. I haven't written Casey's card yet, and now I feel pressure because his is so awesome! He is such a thoughtful, considerate husband. The love continues to grow!

Today's picture is our yoga session with Jean Saturday morning:


Namaste, Jill

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, I came across your blog searching for something else entirely. Thank you for spreading your love in such unique circumstances. I wish you a full recovery to perfect health. Sending you a blessing. S. x http://www.huna.org/html/aspirit.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU! I just wanted to let you know, you made my Valentine's Day pretty spectacular as well. :3

    ReplyDelete