Monday, February 28, 2011

Yoga, IP Chemo, and Michael

As usual, yoga is making me strong and preparing me for the next three rounds of chemo. I went to Jean's class at the studio Saturday. It was so good to be there, to see some friends, and to practice with Jean. I have had sore legs ever since! Cathy is coming today for a private, I'm going to her class at YF tomorrow, and Jean will be here Wednesday for a private before I go off to do the IP chemo. I have been eating as well as I can, meditating...basically preparing physically, mentally and spiritually.

I am a bit nervous about this chemo. The line that goes into my port (located below my ribs on the right side) is encased in a bigger line (more like a hose) with warm fluid in it so it's the appropriate temperature going into my body. There is literally a hose coming out of my belly, connecting me to an IV apparatus. It's freaky to look at, and scary to get up and walk to the bathroom, dragging the pole in with me. For much of the time I am turning from side to side and front and back, to slosh that chemo all around and make sure it goes everywhere. The last time I did this it was so soon after the surgery that I couldn't turn onto my stomach and had to be up on all fours. I stay in each position for 15 minutes, and hands and knees for that long is not fun! It also felt like pouring acid onto an open wound, which is basically what was happening the first few times. It made me violently ill and sent me to the ER twice.

It will be different this time. I am six months past surgery and yoga strong. Last time this involved Taxol in my port and in my veins plus cisplatin (I believe that's what it was) also in my port. This time it's only taxol in my port and I'll be there for about four hours. It was an overnight stay last time. I know it will not be as scary, I know I will not get as sick, and I love and trust my nurse. Still...I am apprehensive.

Think of me Wednesday sometime between 10:00 and 2:00 and send me cancer killing but no puking vibes!!

Photo is Michael Franti onstage, because he inspires me, and because I love him, I love him, I LOVE him:




Namaste,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. I am sending you Kick Cancer's Ass Vibes all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And, does Casey ever get jealous of Michael? ;-)

    ReplyDelete