Thursday, February 10, 2011

Overdoing it

Yesterday I was out in the world, feeling like a regular person, running errands. I was, perhaps, unrealistic about how much I can do. I went to sign the papers for my PET scan, I went to Target and then to Trader Joe's. After lunch Casey and I took the dogs for a brief walk. These simple things exhausted me. I spent the rest of the day in bed. One of the side effects of chemotherapy is fatigue, and I think it doesn't affect me all that much, except when I try to do too much. So much for feeling like a regular person. I did not make it to the Reiki Healing Circle. As much as I wanted to go, I was just not up to it. I hope they have another one soon.

I was exhausted and sleepy last night, yet insomnia struck. I was awake until around 1:00, and I woke up before 5:00. The early wake up may be because of our neighbor's charming dogs, who were barking then and are barking now. We are not very fond of our neighbor's or their dogs. The dogs bark quite a bit, and when they get out they're scary. Casey once had to go out and rescue a woman walking with her baby in a stroller who was terrified of one of them. To make it worse, the most obnoxious dog is named Casey! Their owner's solution to the barking, when she's home, is to scream out the window at them. It's lovely when she's screaming "Shut up Casey!!"

Based on yesterday, Casey's worried about taking me to the concert tonight. It will be the longest outing I've been on since September. I think it will be OK since it mostly involves sitting, but I'm sure I will be very tired afterward. I plan to take it easy today and rest up, maybe even try to nap... if that stupid dog ever stops barking.

I bought this yesterday at Target - it's my Valentine to myself:


Namaste, Jill

1 comment: