Friday, February 18, 2011

Tests and the Mantra

So, my PET/CT scan and blood test are behind me. Tuesday I see my oncologist for the results. My intention/mantra is: Clear scan, CA125 a 7, cancer is gone forever. Please add that to your prayers, intentions, mantras, thoughts...whatever is meaningful to you. I do appreciate it. Don't forget the gone for good part. I have learned many lessons and received many blessings, but I'm ready to move on with my life and be done with it. Tuesday I'll find out the fate of my hair. I haven't done anything to it since August. It looks pretty bad at this point! If I'm going to keep it I need to find some natural hair color and go see Lizette! If it's going it's time to purchase that wig Jennie and Chris sent me money for.

I've been home now for 5 months. I am amazed by how fast the days go by. I'm surprised that I rarely get bored. I always tell my students that if you love to read you are never bored, and it's really true. So many people have given me books that my "waiting to be read shelf" is satisfyingly full. Kimberly tells me she's sending more soon, and she always sends great books. I have read three non-fiction books now, and that's new for me. I am working on learning to play the guitar, and that's new for me. It's good to stretch my brain in new ways. Chrissy gave me jewelery making supplies for Christmas and I plan to attempt that soon, and my cousin Debbie sent me the paint by numbers Van Gogh that will be fun! So, although I miss teaching, I miss my students and I miss my colleagues, I am not miserable staying home. It's good to know that I'll be able to handle it when I retire. I'll teach yoga, read like crazy, have more time to see friends...it will be great! It is quite a ways down the road, but this year definitely gives me a glimpse into that life.

Our warm, sunny weather has left us and we have blustery, rain is on the way days now. I'm glad, because it was too warm to wear the beautiful hat Kimberly made for me!! I not only love the hat, it covers the gray that is living on the top of my head.

I am, as always, grateful for the things friends send me and their kindness. Before the blood draw yesterday, to ward off the "anticipatory nausea" I get when I go to the doctor's office, I wore an aromatherapy patch that Debra sent me. It is to reduce stress. I also took ativan and had a coconut candy in my mouth to lessen the smell of the antiseptic. It worked. I also took a bath and used the anti-stress aromatherapy bath salts that Susan sent me before I went. Susan also sent me a very sweet Valentine's Day card. Susan lived in my neighborhood in Eureka and she and her sister have been through cancer. Thanks Debra and Susan for keeping me in your thoughts and for reaching out so often. The kindness of my friends and family make this journey so much easier to bear. I feel very grateful and blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.

This is the houses across from our house, with the full moon behind them:


Namaste, Jill

1 comment:

  1. cancer = vanquished FOREVER!!!
    ~~~~~Sending you good vibes ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete