Tuesday, February 1, 2011


This is how I look this morning in my beautiful new hat that Kimberly made for me. We turn our heat off at night because of my HOT flashes, so it's pretty cold when we get up. Casey and I are both wearing hats this morning, but mine is much cuter than his!! I just love the daisies!

I only managed to stay up until about 1:00 yesterday, but I did take a walk. I did no housework, so unless I want it to get out of control I really need to at least do some laundry today. Today is a blood draw day, tomorrow is the end of round 6 and IV chemo, and Thursday is my neulasta shot. My fingers are crossed that I get a two week break before we start the IP chemo. Two weeks to feel like a normal person again sounds heavenly. I think it's a good idea for me to get as strong as possible before doing the more intense, harsh chemo. Right now my tongue is white and has cracks in it (sign of illness) and my skin is pale. This is because my blood counts, both red and white, are low. I did not feel as good yesterday as I usually do on a Monday following treatment.

I woke up this morning after 11 hours of sleep and decided to have as normal a day as possible. I had some coffee for the first time since the last treatment. I drink low acid coffee from Trader Joe's because cancer likes an acidic environment. I mix it with a cup of heated coconut milk. Coconut is a cancer fighting food, and my oncologist told me I should not be drinking milk. In a little while I'll make a pot of green tea, also cancer fighting. This afternoon I will pick up my first order of cancer fighting, local, organic food from The Wellness Kitchen. It's all about vanquishing the cancer, for good!

I've been reading about Julia Child in Paris. Actually, they just moved back to the states and I feel sad for them. They loved Paris so much! I told Casey yesterday that someday we are going to Paris together. I've been there with Richard and with Sydney and it was wonderful, but you need to see Paris with someone you are in love with! I also love that city. The book is making me very happy!!

I have finally reached my limit with Charmed. I've seen each episode so many times that I just can't watch anymore. I'm sure that will change after I take a break for awhile, but for now I'm done. Casey and I have been watching Battlestar Gallactica, which was recommended by Janice. I think Casey likes it even more than I do, which makes me laugh! He has no patience for Star Trek, but he loves this one. He keeps watching it at night, I fall asleep and then watch it during the day to catch up. I'm glad the reruns are coming to a end and new shows will be on again. I am so ready for a new Glee! I have never watched this much TV, but it keeps me sane on my days in bed.

I hope everyone is feeling good and doing well. Much love to everyone!

Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment