Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday morning and I'm out of bed for the first time since my treatment Wednesday afternoon. It gets harder and harder to be in bed with flu like symptoms, every round. I have two days to feel good before I go back for the end of round 6. It looks like I may get two weeks off before we begin the next phase of treatment. Two weeks sounds like heaven. Two weeks of living like a normal person, minus the job I love, of course. Maybe I'll get my closets and cupboards cleaned out! The downside to having a large house with lots of rooms and closets is it's difficult to remember where things are. we love our house, but the two of us and our dogs didn't really need a 2500 square foot house on almost an acre. We bought is because we thought my mom was going to move in with us. Plans changed, the market fell, and we have too much house.

Jean will be here soon for my yoga session. It will feel wonderful after 4 1/2 days in bed! I'm going to take a break from writing this to get ready and I'll write more later.
****************************
Yoga today was lots of twists and deep back bends to help my stomach. The scar tissue feels stretched out and not "crunchy" anymore. All of the yoga with Jean and Cathy have helped my poor little stomach to recover much more quickly than it did last time. I love the dreamy feeling I get after yoga!

It's another gorgeous day out, after a gloomy and slightly wet weekend. I will attempt a walk today, but I have a feeling I won't manage an entire day out of bed. The fund raiser put on by Chris and Sue Molina and the teachers is going to be at a local winery, and the owners donated the space. People are so kind and so generous.


Here I am, practicing with Cathy at Yoga in the Vines in 2009:


Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment