Thursday, January 27, 2011

The first of my Fund Raisers if off and running and it is a big lesson is asking for help and in humility. I am humbled by everything people are doing on my behalf. I have been determined, from the beginning, to ask for help when we need it. I never thought we'd need financial help, but then I didn't know there is a cap on donated sick leave. The teachers have generously donated their sick leave time for a total of 12 month's worth. These days are precious. One never knows when they will be needed, and they do figure into retirement. It's big deal for the teachers to have donated so many of them, and Casey and I appreciate it beyond belief. Now that they are not allowed to continue to donate beyond March, I will lose about $8,000 of my pay. So, while it's difficult to ask for financial help, I had to do my part. There are quite a few people working on my behalf, between the yogaflirt women and the teachers, who are working with Chris Molina. My job was to simply send out messages to friends and family, asking for help and directing them to my online donation site that the yogaflirt women set up for me. If I missed sending you one and you would like to help, I'll put the url at the bottom of this post.

I am also going to attach a picture of Cathy to this post. She was here yesterday, doing a private class with me and helping me with my anxiety about yesterday's treatment. When we were through I had that dreamy, relaxed feeling you get at the end of a massage. She helps me, so much, and she has been since I first waked into her yoga studio in October of 2007. I am so grateful that she was my first real yoga teacher. All of the privates I've had with Cathy and with Jean have been priceless and have deepened my love for yoga.

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I sucked on a coconut candy so the smells wouldn't bother me. I did dry heave twice, but was able to keep from starting a puke fest. Last night I felt very toxic. I could taste the chemo, or maybe the steroids, and I felt enveloped in poison. It's better today and I only feel slightly nauseous, so far. I have not been up on a Thursday after treatment for awhile, and I will be back in bed soon but it's a good sign that I am able to get up at all. I also slept about 12 hours last night!

Sending big love to everyone who has been so kind to me and continues to help and support us. Knowing how loved I am on another bright, sunny day warms my heart and makes me strong.

http://www.giveforward.com/kickingcancersbutt

Namaste, Jill

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the GiveForward page.
    I will pass it along to others in the "Jill Rocks" social network. Thanks for all the updates and news regarding yoga, Bella, Casey, Charmed, the not-puking tips, and the pictures of Jean and Cathy - Nice! With 4 days to go you may have an all time high for posts in a month.

    ReplyDelete