Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Enjoying my day before round six begins

Stella Blue has a new battery and hopefully that is problem solved. Tomorrow I'm going to take her to the car wash - I think she's mad because she hates to be dirty and she is a mess, inside and out. :) She's a pretty girl and she wants to be clean! Casey, the dogs and I walked to the shop to get her this morning. Fortunately our mechanic is about 1/2 mile from our house. Convenient!

Last night I went over to Rick and Mary Gross's house for dinner. Rick used to be a chef at 1865 in SLO, and he's a fabulous cook. He's also an abalone diver, and they always give me abalone when they have me over for dinner. Abalone is my number one favorite food in the world, and it costs about $40 in a restaurant. Rick cooks it to perfection and it is AWESOME!! I was very happy, plus it was good to get out of the house. Casey didn't join me because he was up early again yesterday and didn't sleep well night before last.

I'm going to Cathy's yoga class at Yoga in the Vines at noon today. Again, happy to be out of the house, happy to be driving Stella, happy to be practicing with

Cathy, happy to be seeing the yogaflirt girls...overall, just happy! I'll have a private with Cathy tomorrow, then round six begins tomorrow afternoon.

I called my oncologist's office yesterday abut the mouth sores. They told me to gargle with warm salt water and they'll check it today when I go in for my pre-chemo blood draw. It doesn't look too bad, but it doesn't feel too great. It's worse at night, probably because there's nothing else to focus on. Brushing my teeth makes my tongue burn. I feel like there are sores just waiting to come out...I hope I'm wrong. I hope round six doesn't make the problem worse. Chemo is just so much fun - not!!

I was watching Charmed this morning, and Casey actually sat down and watched the end of it with me. He sometimes seems to enjoy the plot, although I think he really enjoys the beautiful women in skimpy outfits! You gotta love that they live in San Francisco but are always dressed for summer. Pretty funny - Casey watching a few minutes of Charmed and I've been watching football, basketball, and tennis with him! We change each other in small ways, just by loving each other.

It's another gorgeous, spring like day, and Maria is cleaning our house as I write. She cleaned the windows in the front before she even came inside - she is awesome! Several people have sent me the info about the free cleaning service for cancer patients, but we already have Maria and we are not about to replace her. She is too good and too sweet! I just finished filing, which is something that has been making my kitchen messy and has not been done in several months. It's nice to get something accomplished while someone else is making our house sparkle! It will be totally clean until about five minutes after Maria leaves, and then the dogs will track in leaves and stuff from outside, they will drip water all over the clean floor in the kitchen, and dishes will start to appear. It's nice while it lasts!!

I plan to enjoy my last day of my week off to the utmost. I hope everyone out there is doing the same. Sydney, get well sweetheart. I miss you!! Here's to round six vanquishing those nasty cancer cells and bringing my CA125 down to a 7 like Bonnie's - way to go Bonnie, my sweet FTC sister. Love you!!

Namaste,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment