Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Journey Continues

I decided to change my picture to something more current. I am sitting in front of the anniversary roses Casey gave me last Friday. I don't look sick, do I? I have most of my curly hair, my weight is right where it should be, my color is good...if you ran into me somewhere you would not think anything was going on with me. It's deceptive. I do feel strong. I was amazed at how well I did at the yoga workshop last Saturday. I owe that to Jean and to Cathy. The two of them are so amazing, so giving, and they are helping me to regain my strength in a big way. My blood is not as strong as I am, however. My white cell count is low, which means I am susceptible to infections, viruses, etc. This is why I can't visit AJHS or have students visit me. As much as I would like to see you kids, it would be risky for me. You may be healthy, but you are exposed to tons of germs at school. My red cell count is now low also, which means I'm anemic. I am easily tired because of this. I see my oncologist today and he may have me go to French Hospital soon to receive new blood to raise my red cell count. I am starting round five of six treatments like I've been doing today.

Jean came yesterday and today for yoga. Yesterday Casey was able to join us and we did a lot of partner yoga - fun! Today it was just me and I got Thai Massage for an hour form Jean. It makes me feel like a queen, like I'm being spoiled and cherished. I felt nauseous this morning for some reason, but after an hour with Jean it was gone.I felt simply marvelous. Of all the things that have helped me in my cancer journey, Cathy and Jean have helped me the most. I'm so grateful that Cathy opened Yoga in the Vines right when I needed yoga, and that Jean came along after Cathy opened her Yoga Flirt studio. I just feel so blessed and lucky!!!!

We're having some house issues right now. The roof in our downstairs living room leaks when it rains hard - full on raining in the living room. Our concrete basement has sprung leaks and as the ground gets saturated, it flows into our basement from the holes and cracks in the concrete that have appeared. The basement floods, despite our sump pump and Casey's efforts. The really bad thing is our heater is down there and we can't use it when it's sitting in water. We have had a few very cold days!! If we don't get it to the point where we can use the heater by Saturday I'll have to tell Sydney not to come. She freezes when the heat's on 65...imagine how cold it is when it's 33 outside!!! I'll let you know, Sydney. I hope we can get it going because I miss you and I want to see you!!

Casey will be performing at Gather Wine Bar in the Arroyo Grande village Saturday night. He plays some covers and some originals. Lots of songs about me!! I'm biased, but he is very talented both as a guitar player and as a singer/songwriter. He's teaching me how to play the guitar! I'm excited to learn and to get my own guitar. I saw a purple guitar with a lotus flower on it in Ed's music store in Morro Bay. It was awhile ago and it may be gone, but I keep thinking about it and it is motivating me to learn to play. Anyway, if I can I will be there Saturday night but Casey will be there for sure. If you can, go out and support my amazing husband and caregiver.

I'm going to relax for awhile before I go to have my treatment. I attempted to attach photos of me doing yoga, but it didn't work...they came out as words, not image. Hmmmm....

Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment