Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dreaming, Bella, Idol and Vermont

Facebook finally let me post yesterday's blog. I'll try not to write anything "abusive or spammy" today. I think today's post is going to be a mishmash of random thoughts.

I slept well last night. I have so many hot flashes during the night that they wake me up. Last night we slept with the heat off and the window open. It was wonderful for me, but Casey froze and woke up with a scratchy throat. It was 46 in here!! I have been having very detailed dreams every night, and Casey says I should share last night's in my blog. I was in SLO for Farmer's Market and it was very crowded because there was going to be a concert in Mission Plaza...and Aerosmith was playing. Suddenly I heard a boy telling another boy he was going to "kick his ass." I realized I knew both boys, so being the teacher I am, I ran to intervene. When I got to them, my friend Sarah Warren (former roomie and teacher from AJHS who now lives in Colorado. I miss her...) was standing there. I gasped I was so shocked to see her. She said "Didn't you get the telegram I asked Patrick to send you, telling you I was coming?" (Patrick was my boyfriend in my early 20's and Sarah has never met him) I said "Why would you ask Patrick to send it? Everyone knows he's unreliable!" (Apologies to Patrick!) Then we were at the concert, watching Aerosmith, and Casey was there and also David and Chris. Every night, I have these long, colorful, detailed dreams. Sometimes I wake up tired!!

I'm a total geek for American Idol. When it first started, Casey tried to get me to watch it but it conflicted with Gilmore Girls so I didn't - no DVR's then. I came to it a few years in, but now I love it and Casey tolerates it! I thought Steven was just amazing last night, so was Jennifer, and so much talent! I actually still have half of it left to watch because I watched it over from the beginning when Casey quit working and came to bed. The girl from Kosovo was amazing, and I love all of the 16 year olds!!

Bella escaped from the yard again last night. We have a large drive through gate that Casey has nailed three boards across to keep her in. One of them came off, apparently in the wind the other night. I let both dogs out, and Ben immediately came scratching at the door to let me know Bella was misbehaving. I opened the door and could hear her tearing at the gate. I went out and she was already on the other side. I pushed on the gate and I swear the gap was only a few inches. Bella has been described by more than one friend as a small horse. I don't know how she did it!! I will put a picture of her st the end of this so those of you who don't know her can appreciate this. Every time she has escaped it has been a full moon. I guess she wants to get out and howl at it!! We caught her in front of the next door neighbor's house - Casey rode up to her on his bike and grabbed her. Stress averted, Casey to the rescue!

I was googling around the other day, looking for retreats for cancer patients. I discovered that every year there is something The Stowe Weekend of Hope. It's a three day long retreat/conference in Stowe, Vermont. The workshops are free, and every hotel in Stowe, Vermont priovides free rooms for cancer patients and their families who are first time attendees. I have always wanted to go to Vermont. This year it's in March. We are hoping to go, and to meet up with my Fallopian Tube Cancer Sister, Bonnie. Bonnie lives in Boston and we connected on the Crazy, Sexy Cancer web site when we were both first diagnosed. She relapsed pretty much the same time I did, and had pretty much the same surgery I did two weeks later. We have grown close via email but would love to actually meet. This may

be our chance, depending on where we are in our treatments in March. I'm going to ask my oncologist if he can arrange my treatment schedule to make it possible. What's two more plane tickets on the credit card, right?

I feel great today. I'm going to go to Trader Joe's all by myself and yoga this afternoon at the studio. One of the last chapters in the Anti Cancer book is about how much better cancer patients do if they exercise throughout their treatment. I think I need to step it up. On the days I feel bad I tend not to practice yoga or take a walk. I believe I need to force myself to get out of bed and move, even when I'm nauseous. It's a goal...

I plan to have a productive, wonderful day!!

Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment