Saturday, January 8, 2011

My wonderful BFF Sydney is coming today, despite our freezing house and her aversion to cold. She agrees with Casey that I should not be left alone. Casey is playing at the Gather Wine Bar in the village in AG tonight, so he will be gone for about five hours. I'm really OK to stay by myself, but I love that they are so protective of me they won't let me. I love you, Sydney!!

I got sick sooner after this chemo. This time, I slept through Thursday and much of Friday. I was hoping I would start to feel better sooner so I could go to Gather tonight, but I woke up feeling pretty nauseous.

I mentioned before that I may need blood but forgot to follow up on it. My number was 9,and if it goes to 8 or below I go in for blood. It went up to 10, so it's all good for now. Getting blood is no big deal - it's better than chemo because it won't make me sick!!

Recently I have made some new connections. Autumn Woolworth is doing the promotion for the yoga flirt fund raiser and she was in my class in 7th grade! I had to sift through all the data in my brain (so many kids in there!) but I do remember her after all these years. It makes me very happy to reconnect with her. I'm also happy to hear that she's a yoga flirt girl!! I highly recommend it to all local women. It's fun, it's empowering, it makes you strong, you connect with fabulous women, and it makes you feel confident and sexy. Part of the YF fundraiser will be an intro to YF class. Check it out!! You'll be amazed how much fun it is and inspired by the princess flirts who can do astonishing pole moves that are very athletic.

Paul Cloer, my 5th grade teacher, found me on Facebook recently. Most of my K-12 years are murky in my memory, but I have some clear memories of 5th because he was an amazing teacher and I loved him. He was the first teacher I really connected with. I just love all of these connections coming my way!

Bella and I are spending the day in bed. While she sleeps I will read, Facebook, and watch a movie or two. Dogs are so cool - they can sleep so much!! Have a great Saturday, and go to Gather in AG if you can!!

Namaste, Jil

5 comments:

  1. Isn't Autumn's mom, Tina Woolworth? I remember Tina from way back, when we used to watch the Tim Jackson Band :) I will probably be in Eureka on the Yoga Flirt benefit day, but I would love to make a contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, thanks for your blog. I check it quite often to see how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra - Autumn said I knew her mom!! You have quite the memory. I wish I was going to Eureka!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I have enjoying connecting with a favorite teacher. Small world. I will tell my mama both of you ladies said hi :)

    So happy to be a part of this for you!
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jill....Just wanted to comment on your reconnect with Paul. He is so awesome and keeps me laughing all the time. So glad you got to reconnect. Isn't it cool being a grown up and being friends instead of a student, LOL.

    Keep on keeping on girl. You encourage me every day with your positive attitude. I Love Positive. Makes such a diff in life.

    Hugs ya.....xoxoxoxox

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete