Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Battle Continues

Yesterday was as unpleasant as the day before was wonderful. I started feeling very nauseous as the day progressed. As my nurse was preparing the supplies to draw my blood, I had to go into the bathroom and throw up. My port, once again, refused to give blood. First she tried my right arm, but it also refused. After much effort, the left arm finally gave it up. She gave me an anti-nausea drug into my port, but I still spent much of the ride home throwing up. Thank goodness we had one of those hospital barf bags in Stella Blue. I think I have developed an immunity to my anti-nausea drug, so they prescribed a different one. My insurance company won't cover it, and it's $1200 for a month's supply. Who denies medications to cancer patients? Insurance companies, that's who. I guess I jinxed everything by writing about how well things have been going when I was counting my blessings.

So, I'm off to have another treatment this afternoon. I'll do some yoga with Cathy before I go, and that will make everything better.

Not one of my happier posts - I feel crappy today. Casey reminds me this is why they call it a battle. I'll have a happier post tomorrow, hopefully.

Namaste,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. don't pretty it up for us. The truth is as compelling whether it is in the form of happy, sad, ravaged or mad. My admiration pales in comparison to your battle spirit.
    xxooDani

    ReplyDelete