Friday, January 28, 2011

Kindness

The kindness continues. Yesterday I received a package from my dear friend Kimberly, who moved into my neighborhood in the 6th grade. She knitted me a gorgeous blue hat with daisies in it, and I didn't even tell her that I love hats with flowers on them! She also sent me some wonderful smelling soap and two books I haven't read. One of them is the book the film about Julia Child was based on and I've been wanting to read it. Here's to friends who know you so well they send you the perfect gift! I love you, Kimberly.

Yesterday the online donation site the yogaflirt women set up for me went live. Again, I feel so humbled. My sweet and generous yoga teacher, Cathy, who has already done so much for me, started it off with a $100 donation. Colleen gave $500, after I already had the pleasure and the privilege of teaching her two awesome daughters. I love you, McCall women! Bob and Kathy Canepa contributed $100, and an anonymous donor $250. Boy, do I feel grateful and humble.

I felt pretty bad during the night last night, and I threw up this morning. I felt better afterward. I'm fine as long as I stay in bed. Sydney is still home sick - extremely unusual for her to miss a week of school - so I'll have to wait to see her again. Get well, Sydney.

Today's image is of Casey, singing to me while David and I walked down the aisle!

Namaste, Jill

1 comment:

  1. I didn't miss a week (although I should have) just today...

    ReplyDelete