Friday, February 25, 2011

No Gray and a Day with Friends


This photo reflect two fun things that happened yesterday. First, check me out - no more gray! I bought non-toxic, ammonia free hair color, took it to Lizette, and it worked! The sleek hair style is something I can't reproduce, but I love it when Lizette styles it. It will be back to the sheep dog look soon! All that gray on top of my head was really making me feel like Molly's twin! (Molly Jones was my old English sheepdog & lab mix. Gray, shaggy, and beautful!) So, it is possible to color your hair without using potentially cancer causing chemicals. Once you have cancer and chemo, your risk for a secondary cancer increases. I am committed to avoiding everything I can that could potentially cause a recurrence or a different cancer. Brown hair dye is associated with liver cancer.

The second fun thing is the purse I'm holding! Jennie sent me a package yesterday. Jennie and my sister Joyce were best friends growing up, and she is married to Chris, who was my brother's best friend growing up. Unfortunately Jennie lost her mom early and Chris lost his dad. They are my unofficially adopted siblings. Mom and dad were always taking people into their home and family. We have a large extended family, but Jennie, Chris, and Tommy are the three I view as my other siblings. Tommy lost both of his parents. Anyway, Jennie sent me two jars of honey from Chris's bees (Casey is happy about that!), a gorgeous hippie purse, and lots of skin care products and make-up. I came home from getting my hair done, feeling so happy, and then found a gift on the porch. Christmas in February!! Yesterday was a most awesome day. Big love to you, Jennie and Chris. Some day Casey and I are going to Alaska to eat in your restaurants - oh, and to see Alaska, too!

This morning I discovered that my computer battery is DEAD and I have to be plugged in. $150 for a new one. Casey's jeep is in the shop and that is going to be about $1500. Ah well, the universe provides. The teachers offered up 5 furlough days to help close the budget deficit. For some reason, we kept the days but got paid for them also. That check arrived on the 10th and it's just a bit over those two amounts. I often find that the universe gives us exactly what we need.

Today I'm going to Morro Bay to see Susan. I plan to go to Central Coast Music and look at a guitar. I saw it in there about a year ago and it motivated me to start playing. I looked it up online, and it is a Luna guitar, designed especially for women. It's purple and has a lotus flower around the center hole. (Google it, Joyce!) There is also one that has moons in mother of pearl down the neck and around the hole. Hmmmm....anyway, I'm going to look at it today. I'm rather embarrassed to "play" it, since all I can really do so far is awkwardly stumble between chords I can sort of play. Having cancer is all about no fear, so here I go!!

Sydney is arriving tonight. So excited to see her. I hope your day is as wonderful as mine is going to be.

Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment