Monday, March 28, 2011

Basking in the Glow

I woke up this morning, checked in with myself to see how I'm feeling today, and realized that I am basking in the glow of the Kicking Cancer Carnival. I have this warm, fuzzy feeling wrapped around my heart. Being the recipient of so much love and good will feels wonderful. It also feels good to be able to receive the love and the help. It makes my heart feel open and it makes me feel good about my friends and my community. It's a beautiful thing.

This afternoon I'll call to get my CA125 results. Cathy asked everyone to put me in their intention Saturday morning and to ask for that 7. I had a visual of 7's floating all around in the air in the studio. I have been visualizing it myself, all the time. Lucky number 7 and cancer gone forever.

On the Ovarian Cancer List Serve I'm a part of, one topic everyone tends to avoid is diet. Too controversial. People don't want to hear that changing their habits can make a difference. One of the women wrote last week about collapsing and having an ambulance come. She was at McDonald's when it happened. Another woman wrote "No one thing I eat gave me cancer and giving things up won't keep it from coming back." Many of the women say things like "My cancer is gone...for now."

I will never know why I got cancer. My diet was cleaner than most, but it was far from perfect. I do know that something in my body's environment let the cancer in and allowed it to return. If I want to be cured, I must change my environment. For me, that means becoming an 80% raw vegan. There are many studies that indicate that in order to keep from getting cancer or surviving, your body needs to be more alkaline than acidic, and you need to avoid foods that cause inflammation. Organic, raw, vegan food, juicing...you'd be astonished how many people have survived cancer by eating this way. I feel like a new purpose for my life has been revealed to me, and it involves spreading the word about how to cope with and survive from cancer. I don't know exactly what form this will take, but the feeling that it's inevitable is growing. The wise woman who pointed this path out to me three years ago was, of course, Cathy Weiss. I would not be surprised to discover that she is more than just my yoga angel, that she is, in fact, a real one. She is so wise and seems to be capable of doing anything she sets her mind to.

Another detoxing health tip is dry brushing. You use a natural bristle brush designed for this purpose, and every day you brush your skin prior to bathing. You start at the soles of your feet, and brush upward in a circular motion. It removes dead skin and detoxes. I've only been doing it for a few days and my skin is noticeably softer. I also have some REN bath oil that Sydney gave me for the bath. It's very yummy - the water gets all soft and fragrant but it doesn't leave the tub slippery. REN is a British company that makes natural, toxin free beauty products. Just like organic foods taste better and have more nutrients, natural beauty products smell better, feel better, and do more for you.

Writing this blog is one of the high points of my day. I crave the routine and it nourishes my soul. Next year my students will be writing a blog as a class assignment. I am brimming with ideas for my class next year, and I am missing my students and my classroom, so much. I feel like I'm homesick for room 18. PLEASE let the number be a 7. I need to finish treatment, get started on a major detox, and prepare to return to my life...my classroom, Yoga Flirt, evenings out...sounds like heaven to me.

I love this picture of David getting ready to go fishing and mom watching! This is from our trip to Moorea with Cate in August of 2009:


Namaste,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment