Thursday, March 3, 2011

IP Chemo and Insomnia

Intraperitoneal chemotherapy is not a lot of fun. We are used to having full stomachs, but having fluid poured directly into your abdominal cavity is a strange sensation. Two bags of chemo and two bags of saline. I literally gained 6 lbs of fluid today, and it's all just sitting in there, annihilating any microscopic cancer that may be lurking. I feel bloated, overly full, and nauseous... yet hungry. I've had two oral doses of steroids and one IV. This makes me hungry, it makes food taste delicious, and it makes me chatty.

My Macbook's hard drive crashed and I get it back tomorrow. My pictures are safe on my iphone but I did lose a lot of data. Next time, I will pay attention if the "spinning ball of death" every shows up again.

It's 1:48 pm and I think I will go attempt to sleep again. I may be chatty but I have a hard time typing on the Dell...

Namaste, JIll

No comments:

Post a Comment