Thursday, March 17, 2011

Feeling grateful


I discovered that I can do lotus, and Jean helped me to do a lotus head stand!
Pretty exciting.

I haven't been writing much lately. I find I'm a morning writer and if I get too far into my day without doing it, it doesn't happen. I really miss it when I don't write for a few days, or even one day. Today's post might ramble a bit..there's a lot on my mind!

Our water purification thing on our sink has become problematic, so I had Crystal Springs in SLO deliver water to us this week. The water is bottled from a spring in SLO, and they bottle it the day they deliver it. It is in plastic, which doesn't thrill me, but we put it into a ceramic decanter. What is huge for me right now is how delicious this water is - I'm amazed. Where I'm usually forcing myself to drink enough water every day, with this water I have to be careful not to drink too much or I'm up too much at night! This is something I should have done 12 years ago, when I moved to Atascadero.

Cathy and I were interviewed at the SLO Yoga Flirt studio on Tuesday for a Santa Maria TV station. It turned into a pretty long segment, with voice over in Spanish. He filmed Cathy teaching me a simple pole trick, which I totally spazzed on but you couldn't really tell when it aired. I never thought I'd be on TV, on a pole!!! How fun for me. I will so be needing to start over at level one! I have been away from Yoga Flirt for 9 months - way too long. Cathy, of course, gives interviews like a pro and demonstrated some of her amazing pole moves. Cathy, you are such an inspiration to me!! Autumn was there, and it was so great to see her! Autumn was my student when she was in 7th grade, and she is the flirt who is doing the PR for the Kicking Cancer Carnival. She discovered that she knew me as Mrs. Hayward when she was reading my blog and I mentioned Bob Canepa, my colleague and her 7th grade math teacher. Awesome to see you, Autumn. The Yoga Flirt women have done so much for me, and Casey and I are so grateful. Love to the flirts!

The Atascadero News is doing a story on the Kicking Cancer Carnival and Yoga Flirt. It will be in the Friday, March 25 edition, the day before the event. Cathy and I are going to KJUG for an interview next Tuesday at 8 am. Do you have a radio in your classroom, Mrs. Terry? :) I feel like a celebrity right now. Yay!

I am actually going to venture out of town for a quick girlfriend weekend tomorrow. Susan and I are going to Ventura. I'm going to Coastal Skin Care in Ventura to purchase some natural, non-toxic make up. This is part of changing my life to keep the cancer at bay for the rest of my life. We're going to the organic, raw foods bistro for dinner with Sydney and then Susan and I will spend the night with Sydney and her two kitties, Smokey and Turbo Kitty. We may attend a Nia class at the Ventura Nia Center Saturday morning. It has been much too long since I've been to a Nia class. We'll be home Saturday. I'm excited - Susan and I haven't had an adventure together in awhile. It doesn't get much better than an overnight with two of your BFFs. I love you girls!

I went to my oncologist's office yesterday and saw Tim, his PA. They will do a CA125 blood test before the next two IP rounds in the hospital. If it comes down enough, it's all good and I should be finished in April. I fit doesn't come down into single digits, I will continue with cystplatin in my belly port. I believe it is nastier than taxol and may make me sick. So, the CA125 needs to come down significantly from these three IP treatments. Prayers, intentions and mantras are much appreciated - CA125 a 7 and cancer free forever!!

Big love and big thanks to everyone out there who is supporting me in so many ways. I still can't quite believe there are two fund raisers in the works. I feel grateful, blessed, loved and very happy.

Namaste,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment