Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Morning!

Last night I glanced at the clock and realized it was 9:30 and I was still up, doing things around the house. Maybe it was Super Moon Energy!! I am usually in bed by 7 pm. I watch Jeopardy M-S, and then I read or watch TV. When I'm tired, my surgery site starts to hurt. If I ignore it, it gets worse. If I climb into my bed for the evening, I feel fine. Our bed is enormous and extremely comfy, which has been a huge blessing since I have spent so much time there. I was a bit sore from yesterday's yoga, but I did not feel overtired.

Yesterday I went to a Spring Solstice yoga workshop at Yoga in the Vines, taught by Lauren. The yoga was fun and challenging and I loved it. Lauren is an herbalist, so after we practiced she shows us examples of local herbs and explained how to use them. It was interesting and fun! My friend Devon was there and it was so good to see her. I'm not really supposed to be out in public, but I can't resist a yoga workshop and I figure the benefits of the practice outweigh the risk. Besides, sick people don't tend to go to yoga classes...right?

Jean will be here soon for my private yoga session. Tomorrow I'll go to Cathy's yoga class. Wednesday I'll be at French hospital all day having IP chemo #2. Shannon will draw blood and I'll know probably by Friday what my CA125 is after round 1. Say it with me: "Seven, seven, seven..." Thursday Cathy is coming over for a private. I think it will be good to practice the day after - hopefully it will help to fluid to absorb quicker. They put two bags of saline and two bags of chemo into my belly. Last time I came home 6 lbs heavier than when I left and I felt like I was pregnant with a basketball. Talk about bloated!!

The rain has stopped, for now, and the sun is shining. Our red couch is soaked from the leaky roof in the TV room and we woke up to ankle deep water in the basement. Sigh. The joys of being a homeowner!! Casey is not amused.

I'll think about that tomorrow, because "after all, tomorrow is another day!"

I don't think I've shared a picture of our dog Ben before:


Namaste,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment