Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blogging

It has been a week today since my IP chemo, and that's the day I got sick last time, every time. I still feel OK, so I guess it's going to be alright. I do believe I'm going it make it through this recurrence without one trip to the ER! I guess it's a trade off - the surgery was much worse but the treatment isn't as bad. Even though it was only 6 months ago, my surgery seems like a part of the distant past. I remember how awful it was, and how I felt like I was literally going to die when I tried to walk in the yard. I will remember much more of the experience this time, thanks to this blog. It helps me remember, it helps me process, it gives me a semblance of a schedule, and it keeps me relatively sane.

In writing it, I don't follow the advice I give my students about writing. I write it, read it over once for typos, and publish. There are still errors that I missed in most of them, and I really should let it rest and edit twice. Oh, well! I dive in without a topic most days, which is something I do tell them to do. The blank page, or screen, can be intimidating. Sometimes you just have to dive in and get started. When I write something more formal, I tend to throw away my beginning and write my introduction to match what I wrote. I love it when I'm writing and something unexpected comes out of me - it is very true that you don't always know what you know until you write about it. Writing is also very cathartic, which is a word I have to explain to my students. :)

So, my Macbook is home. They replaced the faceplate (might be the wrong word) and it's like having a new computer. I have to start over with my bookmarks etc. It came with photobooth, but it seems to be gone. This is a must for blog pictures! My picture library is too disorganized to find anything...a project I must tackle. You would think I would be doing projects like crazy...but you'd be wrong. I seem to have settled into a sort of happy laziness. I could easily spend my days in bed, watching movies and reading, but I force myself to get up. I try to accomplish something every day, even if it's just doing the dishes a few times.

Yoga with Cathy today at 11. Yesterday's yoga felt so good. It makes me so happy that I'm to the point where it just feels sort of dreamy and delicious. I love yoga!!

Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment