Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cancer Blessings on a Beautiful Day!

I have been having the best day! Casey and I had a private yoga class with Jean and Rachel, and we addressed Casey's hamstrings and my core. I had a private with Cathy yesterday, and I am feeling like a spoiled and fortunate girl. All of this amazing private instruction is truly the biggest of the cancer blessings. I'm to the point where the majority of the poses feel really good to me, and I'm just so happy when I'm practicing. Having a one on one experience with an excellent yoga teacher is so amazing and wonderful...I highly recommend it. My yoga teachers often become my yoga props, and they can help me to go so much deeper and get so much more open. Today, after three days of yoga, I feel energized and strong. I'm thinking that's not a common way for a cancer patient to feel, especially a week after treatment. I'm giving the credit to yoga. I'm falling more deeply in love with yoga, every day. It makes my spirits soar and my heart sing...and boy do I sound cheesy!

After our yoga party, I had lunch at Colby Jack's with my friend and cancer sister, Krissy. We sat outside on the patio, which is beautiful, ate delicious food and I basked in the sun. I was actually too warm by the time we left, and I was wearing a sleeveless dress. yay! Krissy and I have an easy friendship - meaning that we are at ease with one another and have things to talk about. We have that similar cancer thing in common, and the same doctors. It's nice, having someone who lives close who can relate to my experience so completely. We had fun and it felt so good to actually have something to do that wasn't an errand or appointment. Krissy is also a cancer blessing for me.

This warm weather makes me want to go somewhere warm and float in a pool. Peggy and Kirk, you'll be seeing me in your pool this summer for sure! I'm off to lounge around and read my book for awhile, or maybe play my guitar. I've probably done enough for today and should relax now. Even though I'm not feeling sick from the chemo last week, I am feeling rather toxic. I'll be glad when it's over and I can do some serious detoxing.

This is how I look today. I still have hair, although no eyelashes to speak of:




Namaste,
Jill

2 comments:

  1. And you are beautiful, eyelashes or not.

    Love you,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are enjoying life and nurturing yourself - You look beautiful! It makes me want to do some yoga (I haven't been very consistent).

    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete