Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring!

Yesterday Bella and I visited our lovely vet, Sharon Klintworth. Bella is a scaredy cat, and she is beyond terrified at the vet. She drools, she pants, she trembles from head to toe. A needle going in doesn't phase her, but she's petrified just being in the office. I found a gross looking lump on her back leg two days ago. Sharon aspirated it and looked at the cells under a microscope, but there was blood in the sample and she couldn't really be sure what it is. It doesn't hurt Bella and it's not stiff and unmoving, which she says is good. However...it may be melanoma. Melanoma? Dogs can get skin cancer? Isn't thick fur like Bella's enough sun protection? So, they have to remove it surgically and biopsy it, and while she's under I asked them to clean her teeth. She is afraid of the tooth brush. Breath bones help some, but her breath is not like springtime!! I hate thinking of how afraid she will be when something big actually does happen to her in that office. Something in her life before us was not right. She is scared of so many things. The first time I took her to the beach she cowered against my leg because the water scared her. She doesn't know she's as big as a small pony and as strong as one, too!

My dog had better not have cancer. That will make me pissed off at the universe.

After her traumatic experience, I took her on a walk around the Atascadero Lake. First we saw three does munching someone's lawn as we drove there. As we were walking we saw 8 turtles, all lined up in a row on a downed tree branch, catching some rays. We saw a red winged blackbird whose red spots looked like shoulder pads. We saw a beautiful white swan, dipping her head into the water to catch her lunch. We saw flowers blooming, parents walking with their babies, lots of dogs, lots of sun..it was so pretty! We both felt better afterward.

Casey is having a hard time right now. He has been dealing with our flooding basement 4 times a day for over a week. He has been working 7 days a week for a very long time. He has the stress of dealing with me and my cancer. He is too housebound. He needs a break in a big way. So, I found a hotel in San Francisco that is big enough for the three of us and I think I have convinced him to leave his computer behind and come with. The hotel is going to be amazing, I think. It has a full kitchen, so we can take food and not spend so much eating in restaurants. Each room is like an apartment and has a garage underneath, just for one car, and it's free! Most hotels in the City charge between $30 and $60 a day for parking, so that adds a lot to your bill. Right now Casey and I both need a break from the stress of dealing with our leaky house and a break from cancer.

So, once again, big BIG love to the women of Yoga Flirt. This is our Kicking Cancer Carnival get away that you women worked so hard to provide us with. I can tell how much I need it by how excited I am, and Casey needs it much more than I do. You can probably tell how much we needed it by how fast I started planning after the carnival!

Suddenly there are not enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do. I run out of time, every day. It's a good thing...

I miss my classroom:


Namaste,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment