Thursday, March 24, 2011

Feeling Famous :)

I have been feeling like a celebrity lately. Not that there's paparazzi at my door, but the Yoga Flirt Kicking Cancer Carnival is getting some attention. It started with the interview for the Santa Maria TV station. If you missed it, they gave us a pretty long segment, complete with Cathy teaching me a pole move, Cathy and I doing a bit of the YF warm up, and interviews with both of us...voiced over en Espanol!! Then Cathy and I were interviewed on KJUG Tuesday morning - it was fun to see the radio station and the people there were wonderful. Last Friday the Atascadero News contacted me with a few questions, and this Tuesday the writer, Aaron, came over to shoot pictures for the article. Bella and I ended up on the front page, with three more pictures on the second page. He did a great job, I think. I hope that lots of women come to the fund raiser and take the Yoga Flirt into class, see the demonstrations and fall in love with Yoga Flirt like I did. I want every woman to feel this sense of power, confidence and community. If you can't make it Saturday, sign up for the next Into class!

Chemo took 7 hours yesterday and wasn't too bad. I was grateful to have some delicious coconut soup from the Wellness Kitchen at home since I was so full of fluid it's hard to eat much. Last time I felt like I swallowed a basketball, this time I felt like I ate a full Thanksgiving dinner and about 5 pieces of pie!!

Speaking of the Wellness Kitchen, Marcie Lukasik is now giving massages there exclusively. Her massage room looks like a gorgeous bedroom in a Victorian home. I wanted to move into the bathroom and make it my home! Such a lovely setting. Marcie's massages are deeply relaxing and her knowledge of acupressure points is amazing. The hot stones are the best thing that ever happened to my neck and shoulders! I highly recommend a massage with Marcie. I came home feeling very relaxed and happy. Thanks, Marcie!

I have had some intense practices lately, with Lauren at the studio Sunday, with Jean and Rachel Monday, at Cathy's studio Tuesday. I know this is a big part of why my treatment is going so well. I am not really supposed to go to classes at a studio - I still need to avoid germs - but I figure the benefits outweigh the risks! My body feels sore and that feels great! Cathy is coming today for a class, and Jean is coming tomorrow. Saturday I am going to attempt both the yoga class and the intro to Yoga Flirt class at the fund raiser. That's 2 hours and 45 minutes, so we'll see how I do! I handled a two hour yoga workshop Sunday, so I'm hopeful! I'm so excited. It's going to be major fun!! Humbling and fun. Have to mentioned how grateful I feel, every day?

Have a wonderful Thursday and come to Yoga Flirt in SLO this Saturday!! 9:15 yoga for men and women, 11:00 Intro to Yoga Flirt, 12:30-5:30 carnival, silent auction, and instructor demos!!Everything after the yoga is women over 18 only. If you have been curious about Yoga Flirt but feel shy, this is the time to check it out!! The intro class is very fun and not at all threatening. The Queen and her Princess Flirts are amazing to watch - Cirque Du Soleil quality with awesome music and cheering flirts - very entertaining and inspiring. Local friends, please come!!

My beautiful Mommy and my gorgeous Niece in Tahiti August 2009:




Namaste and big love,

Jill

3 comments:

  1. Jill, I am so happy for you, that yoga flirt class sounds great. I have not heard of anything up here like that. Just "boot camp"..
    You sound wonderful, I hope this chemo session goes smoothly. John starts his last one today. Have fun Saturday. and can I have your autograph?
    Thinking of your Mom this week too.
    Keep on getting well. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always been a "red carpet" sauterer. I am bummed that I can't make the "Other Gender Allowed" yoga session. It'll be a great and empowering day for many people I am sure. I am heading up the the Bay Area to see Alison and congratulate her.....

    I hope you have a lot of tickets in case you end up talking to people that want to buy tickets to the Jill Pentoney Benefit, April 30. We will have the red carpet out for you there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga Flirt sounds like so much fun! The carnival sounds amazing! I know you will have a fabulous turnout! I will be thinking about you, from rainy Eureka! Have a great time :D xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete