Friday, April 8, 2011

Blisters, Friends and the Living Room.

Sydney and I walked all over the place yesterday. We walked to Fort Mason. We walked back to our hotel and then walked to Union street, where we walked in and out of shops. I found a pair of boots that I loved and really wanted, but I can't picture spending $450 on foot wear! Perhaps I should, based on the state of my feet. For the past 7 months all I have worn are my Ugg boots, my flip flops and my converse. When you don't wear your shoes for that long, even the most comfy and broken in shoes give you blisters. I switched from my shoes to Sydney's because I developed a blister. I wore her Uggs that have real soles and heel. They were so cozy and comfy that I didn't realize I was getting a nasty blister on both little toes. Today we'll be driving!

The forecast yesterday was 70% chance of rain. Both of our phones, when consulted, showed it was pouring here. It wasn't. It's clear and sunny but chilly. So happy not be dealing with rain! Sydney is one of those people who is always cold, so she's wishing we were in Maui!

Jenna came and spent the evening with us (Hi, Jenna!). I know Jenna because she is a college friend of my friend Sarah who used to teach at AJHS. Jenna lives here in San Francisco. She had lots of good information for us about parking and museums etc. It always helps to know a local! Jenna is cool. She's interesting, intelligent, funny...we had fun. Love you, Jenna.

Today we're going to Union Square, to our most favorite place - Macy's! I'm excited about the shoe department alone! So much better than any other Macy's in California. This evening we are up meeting Dave, his wife and another couple before they go see Rain at the Orpheum. Dave was Sydney's boyfriend in the 80's! We haven't seen him in years and years, but he found me on Facebook. Fun!

I love Facebook. I love the connections. Recently a student from 1991 found me simply by searching FB for Jill in Atascadero. So awesome to be in touch with her! Wendy remembers things more clearly than I do, so her memories bring back mine. I pointed out to her that she's older now than I was when I was her teacher. :)


This is our living room from the doorway that leads down to the pool table room. The piano was given to us by Kerry and Aaron. Casey taught himself to play. He says if you can play one instrument you can teach yourself to play another. I'm not an expert, but I don't think just anyone can do this. Casey is very much a motivated, self-taught kind of guy. His brain is amazing. He can read dense, technical material and retain it without taking notes, highlighting or anything. He doesn't believe me when I tell him his brain is exceptional and not everyone can do these things. I do know a bit about learning styles and intelligence, and my husband is amazing. He won't like that I wrote this...love you honey!



Namaste, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment