Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunrise Yoga, Haircut and a Plant!

This morning I got up at 5:00, which is the time I get up when I'm working. It actually felt good! I did this so that I could attend Jean's 6:30 class at the Yoga Center in SLO. Jane and I decided, Saturday night, that we would go. She just finished yoga teacher training there. We worked together during the partner work. I love when my partner is a yoga teacher!! Good odds for that today - I believe there were 5 yoga teachers taking the class. If was a very full class, because Jean is epic, and the om at the end was powerful. Am I supposed to capitalize om?? No clue. I also enjoyed being directly in front of the window, watching birds outside as I practiced. Overall, a great experience. Jane and I went to breakfast at Big Sky with Jean and Rachel afterward. It's 9:52 and I've already had a pretty full day. Great day, so far!

I'm going to see Lizette at the Joseph Antoine Salon in Paso at 11:30. She is going to put a cellophane on my hair to deepen the color and make it shiny, and I'm going to ask her to cut it pretty short. Mom, you were right. You always told me that I should wear my hair short but I resisted. I liked it when it was growing out from my baldness in 2009. I don't want it long again, and it gets too sweaty when I practice. I want it off my neck for coolness and so it stays dry when I soak in the bathtub. I do believe I care more these days about how it feels as opposed to how it looks. This may be the equivalent of "I wear it because it's comfortable," Sydney!!

Speaking of my beautiful mommy, she always said she felt better when she could picture where I was. If I moved she felt better after she visited so she could imagine me there. I like putting pictures in my blog, but I have been running out of ideas! I think I recently duplicated one. So, some of you out there have not been to our house, so I took pictures of it to post so you can picture me where I am. Our house is funky and we totally love it. It was built in 1947 and was originally a 700 square foot house. Today it is about 2500 square feet. Various owners over the years have added onto it. It goes off in different directions, it has two living rooms, one room just for the pool table, three bedrooms (one of which is Casey's office), walk in closets in the bedrooms, and two and a half baths. We bought it when we thought my mom was going to move in with us. The plan was to convert the pool table room into an apartment. Anyway, I'm going to show you pieces of our funky house for awhile.

This to the right of the back door, near the laundry room. This plant has been with me for maybe 30 years, no kidding. About 7 or 8 years ago it suddenly bloomed, and had this long branch of little white flowers that smelled heavenly and scented the entire house. It bloomed once more, a few years later. I keep waiting for it to happen again:


Namaste,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment