Friday, April 22, 2011

CA125, Radiation, and Epic Yoga Teachers as Props!

Casey and I went to see the radiation oncologist yesterday and he had my CA125 results. You don't want a picture of my face on this one, Autumn. It went up to 56. This may be a result of the cyst they drained last Wednesday, so I'll do another one before we start the radiation treatment. I was so confident that I would get a 7 or lower and that I would be done with treatment. Apparently this is not in the universe's plan for me. I confess I was bummed afterward and spent the day in bed.

I have felt nauseous and lethargic since the SF trip. I have only had one private session with Cathy, which was the day after the chemo. So, I went for 8 days with no yoga at all. It's pretty clear to me that it's the yoga that keeps me feeling well, keeps me strong, gives me energy, keeps me positive...these things have been lacking this past week and it feels good to feel good again! I will go to Jean's class at Yoga in the Vines tomorrow morning, he'll be back Monday morning, and I will be back on track. Yoga really is saving my life. Today I will post pictures of some of what we did today. Rachel, Jean's beautiful girlfriend and also a yoga teacher, participates and they are often my yoga props! You'll see what I mean in the pictures.

This is Jean, using me as a backpack! This stretches out my belly and rids me of my scar tissue:




The benefit the teachers are giving us is one week from tomorrow! I feel excited and so, so blessed. IT will be so good to be with all of them again. I miss my AJHS/AUSD community. MY brother and his family are coming and so is Casey's mom and sister. Fun!

Bella is feeling more like herself and so am I. Yay!

This is me, doing a modified hand stand, stretching Rachel's back out:




Namaste,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment