Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chemo Sick and Karma Requests

Except for my big, painful stomach ache, yesterday wasn't too bad. I am a big believer in using your karma to call things to you. I have chanted "traffic karma" while traveling (especially in SO Cal. Nor Cal traffic is mellow by comparison)and "parking karma." Mom thought it was silly until we did it together one day. We were going to see the movie "Sordid Lives" (I recommend it, very funny) at the theater in Laguna Beach. We were running late and mom was worried we wouldn't be able to find a parking place. Together we chanted "parking karma" until we arrived at the theater, located in downtown Laguna where parking is a nightmare. Guess what? There was a spot waiting for us right in front of the theater! Mom was a convert after that. I've seen it work, may times. Yesterday Casey and I were chanting "Good room karma." I added no roommate karma but Casey said that was asking too much. I persisted anyway. We have been stuck in the middle of a two person room where Casey is smooshed between the bed and the curtain all day, and we have had screaming, looney roomies. Yesterday we got the room they put me in for 5 days when I was so chemo sick in 2008. It's an isolation room, which means no roommates, huge room, two doors between us the the hallway, and a beautiful view of the garden outside. My point? Asking for what you want often yields positive results.

This is why I ask everyone to pray, chant, meditate, put me into your yoga intention, etc. My next CA125 will be next Monday, and I'll have results probably Thursday. Cathy tells me to be specific in the what and the when of what I ask for. So, I need my CA125 to be 7 or below by next Thursday. The last round brought it down 16 points and this one will show the result of two rounds. I am so not liking what my cancer sisters tell me about radiation...hoping a low CA125 will end this discussion!

OK, that's if for today. The longer I'm up the worse I feel. My face and chest is bright red like a bad sunburn. I confess I just threw up for the first time in a long while. I'm going back to bed now...

I literally have a belly full of poison. A sobering thought.

This is our kitchen, which could use a make-over from Steve Casci, my friend who makes kitchens beautiful:


Namaste,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment