Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sarah Came to Visit!

Yesterday was a bed day for me. Casey took Sarah out to breakfast and to the airport to pick up her rental car and I stayed in bed. Both of my ports are bugging me, my stomach hurts, I'm nauseous...last chemo but it was rougher than expected.

It was wonderful, having my friend Sarah here. She lives in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado now, but she used to live with me. I introduced her to Craig, her husband, and I performed their wedding ceremony. Now they have three year old Zoe and they are so happy! Sarah and I went to the Wellness Kitchen for a cooking demonstration and talk from the Cancer Fighting Kitchen Cookbook. It was hard for me because I was feeling pretty bad, but I really wanted to go. We stayed through lunch and missed the afternoon portion. It was lovely and informative and I would have liked to have stayed. We went back home and I rested in bed before our next adventure.

Sue and Chris Molina had the teachers over for happy hour. It was the last day of school before spring break. I had not seen many of them since September, and they hadn't seen Sarah in years. They live out in the country a ways and they have lots of animals. When we arrived there was a deer staring at us, turkeys running around gobbling, chickens, a rooster, goats, dogs...it's awesome! It was wonderful to see everyone and to be out, but it was all a lot for me.

I cam home afterward and just now got up. I asked Casey when I went to sleep, meaning what time last night, and he replied "Friday." I am still feeling the effects of the steroids this morning. This time, the steroids have almost driven me mad. I want to jump out of my skin!

Tomorrow I see my oncologist and have a blood draw. Wednesday I see the radiation oncologist for a consultation. My CA125 is going to be so low they are going to scrap the radiation idea. I have communicated with online friends who have endured it, I met a woman at the lunch who had, and received an email from a school friend who went through it. It sounds hideous and I don't need it, because me and my village have successfully kicked cancer's butt!

This is the comfy bed in our guest room where Sarah slept:


Namaste,

Jill

1 comment:

  1. By using RentalCars you can find affordable rental cars at over 49000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete