Monday, April 18, 2011

Sleeping for Days...

I Feel like Rip Van Winkle. I got into bed when I got home from Sue's on Friday, and here it is Monday and I just got up. I slept pretty much around the clock all weekend. When my belly is full of poison, my body just craves sleep. The pain, nausea and discomfort mean the chemo is doing its job and those cancer cells are dying painful, horrible deaths.

Despite my housekeeper coming the day before I left for SF, my house is a disaster. I have many piles of laundry to attend to, I haven't unpacked, I need to wash all the sheets and towels...time to get busy! I desperately need some yoga, a walk, and some fun, perhaps! I haven't played my guitar in days, so that's a priority. I'll listen to Franti to make these chores fun - except for when I'm practicing my guitar, that is.

While I was briefly awake yesterday I watched "The Way we Were." I saw it in 1973, but not since. Interesting. Is it only an iconic film because it's Streisand and Redford? There's not much of a plot and it's pretty slow going and simplistic. I think it would flop if it were made today! I also watched the remake of Karate Kid. I liked it. I liked Jaden Smith.

OK, I've been out of the world for a few and I have nothing to say this morning. It's nice to be up and functioning!!

My tulips are blooming:


Namaste,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment