Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happiness


This is a lotus handstand from this morning's epic yoga party with Jean & Rachel. We were planning a yoga workshop at the lake, but changed our plans since Danny was here. I invited him to come visit and go see Casey play at Gather, so we decided to do a one hour yoga party at home and include him. Danny's first down dog!! Pretty cool. We have rescheduled our epic yoga workshop for after the trip to SF.

Last night was awesome. The beautiful girl behind the bar was Randi, who was in my class as a 7th grader. So great to see her! I actually drank two glasses of champagne during the course of the evening. I can't tolerate any alcohol or wine, but a small amount of champagne seems to be OK. Not something I should be doing on a regular basis, but it was a special night. Casey McDonald and Jane were there and Casey played drums, sometimes guitar, and sang with my Casey. I hadn't seen Jane for awhile and it was fun to catch up. She just finished yoga teacher training and was in it with Rachel. Danny and Rick came and then Mary, Rick's wife, came with her friend Modine. Modine teaches kindergarten at the same school with my friend Susan. Small place, the Central Coast! Danny sang a few songs with Casey and Casey and it all sounded great. We came home and giggled with Danny at SNL for awhile and I ended up staying up rather late for a chemo girl!

After our epic yoga party, Danny, Casey and I went to Colby Jack's for brunch. It was yummy and I ate things I shouldn't have, like pastries filled with chocolate. We sat out on the patio near the fountain and it was warm and beautiful. I saw Tiarrah, one of my current AVID students, and that was wonderful. I am probably misspelling her name but I love her and it was great to see her.

This afternoon I took the doggies for a walk while Casey went for a quick ride on his mountain bike. What a great weekend. It's nice to feel well enough to be out in the world again. It will be interesting to see if my blood work is as good as I feel. I see my oncologist Tuesday afternoon.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend like I did, full of friends and love and good food and dogs and good weather and happiness!

Namaste,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment